Thursday, May 15, 2008

Using Humor to Engage Your Audience


As anyone who knows me will tell you, I like to use humor in my presentations. I have always found it beneficial in engaging the participants, and it helps to improve student learning.

The creative development of humor in the virtual classroom deals with "how" to teach, not "what" to teach. The use of humor is a teaching tool that increases the amount of "what" that is actually learned by students. Using humor can have a very positive effect on any classroom (or boardroom) experience.

Don’t be afraid. Use some humor in your presentation. Your audience will be appreciative.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Humor is key to managing a lot of things in life – relationships, decisions, challenges, work, pain, illness, fortune, tragedy, joys, and of course the world of education.

But, none of these things are as important as women reporting that the sexiest trait in a man is his sense of humor. :-)

Bob DeLaMartre said...

Well said, Jason! I must be sure and remind my wife of that fact!